Edinburgh Connections Summary of the year.
No doubt about it, 2020 has been a special leap year. It had 29 days in February, 300 days in March and 4 years in April!
We all survived those challenges and emerged wiser and more experienced than ever. It has been very inspiring to observe everyone coming out to offer free support, share knowledge and free business advice. Most importantly, it’s reassuring that the world didn’t just stop.
Here is a quick overview of what we have been working on at Edinburgh Connections in 2020.
- The year started as usual, with a full calendar of networking opportunities, then it transformed into an even busier nine months of online webinars and networking events.
- We noted approximately 880 registrations for about 26 events from approx 420 unique email addresses, which means that over 400 individuals came through our EC virtual breakout rooms this year, some EC Members, some regular visitors, and some one-timers.
- We ended the year with our Edinburgh Business Show 2020 with all discussions focused on the New Rules of Customer Experience.
- The online events calendar was extended to include several new event formats such as webinars, Simply Networking and eConnections.
- We had the pleasure of hearing from many industry leaders and entrepreneurs during the Scottish Business Leadership Conference in June and Construction and Property Webinar in November.
- Big thank you to the extensive panel of Guest Speakers who joined our online events this year to share their insights and expertise: Gin Lalli, Ombretta Mancini, Denise Strohsahl, Janani Prabhakaran, Adrian Kempiak, Bill Mair, Armin Ossatin, Craig Herd, Jowita Penkala – to name just a few.
- Over 35 new Members joined Edinburgh Connections, bringing the current Membership count to 77 Organisations and Entrepreneurs.
- A new set of Member benefits was introduced to enhance the new virtual way of networking and to improve the way we connect with each other and build lasting relationships. Key points include:
- An onboarding for new Members, which includes an advert in the Members directory, onboarding call with Anna to discuss your business objectives, welcome on social media and full access to all Member benefits.
- 30 min pre-networking Members-only session before every online event.
- Access to delegate lists, recordings and chat transcripts for every online event, for all EC Members, even those who didn’t register or didn’t attend a specific event.
- A dedicated LinkedIn Group for EC Members.
What will 2021 bring:
- We will continue with a hybrid calendar of networking events, the majority of them taking place online until it is permitted to return to meeting f2f.
- Our Members are our top priority. Please give us feedback about our work, your objectives, plans and aspirations, by completing this short MEMBERSHIP SURVEY.
- The plan is to continue growing, but the Membership will be capped at 100 organisations, to allow for building quality relationships in a well-structured community.
- We will be putting much more focus on Membership engagement, making sure we stay in touch with every single Member throughout the whole year.
- Another important tool is the EC website, and the plan is to create more content and use it more to promote our Members’ original content.
- We are proactively looking for speakers for 2021, if you would like to be included in the shortlist, please make sure you complete that part of the Annual Membership Survey in full (especially Question No. 6).
We wish you a merry Christmas and a prosperous 2021
Edinburgh Connections Team